TO THE READER
This is a draft of the new Constitution of Russia. It has been developed by the authors for the benefit of the majority of our nation and for the purposes of our country’s rehabilitation. This is a product of the labor of numerous people. Russia must become different: a country with a true popular rule and real human liberties, a fair, labor-oriented, moral-based country, identical with its Russian civilization and a history of more than 1,000 years, truly social, independent and respected globally.
The new Constitution may be adopted only in accordance with the effective constitutional procedure (The Constitution of the Russian Federation (adopted by national vote on December 12, 1993)):
«Chapter 9. Constitutional Amendments and Review of the Constitution
Proposals on amendments and review of the provisions of the Constitution of the Russian Federation may be submitted by the President of the Russian Federation, the Council of the Federation, the State Duma, the Government of the Russian Federation, the legislative (representative) bodies of the subjects of the Russian Federation, and also by groups numbering not less than one fifth of the number of the members of the Council of the Federation or of the deputies of the State Duma.
1. Provisions of Chapters 1, 2 and 9 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation may not be revised by the Federal Assembly.
2. If a proposal on the review of the provisions of Chapters 1, 2 and 9 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation is supported by three fifths of the total number of the members of the Council of the Federation and the deputies of the State Duma, then according to federal constitutional law a Constitutional Assembly shall be convened.
3. The Constitutional Assembly shall either confirm the invariability of the Constitution of the Russian Federation or draft a new Constitution of the Russian Federation, which shall be adopted by the Constitutional Assembly by two thirds of the total number of its members or submitted to a referendum. In case of a referendum the Constitution of the Russian Federation shall be considered adopted, if over half of the voters who came to the polls supported it and under the condition that over half of the electorate participated in the referendum.
Amendments to the provisions of Chapters 3–8 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation shall be adopted according to the rules fixed for adoption of federal constitutional laws and come into force after they are approved by the bodies of legislative power of not less than two thirds of the subjects of the Russian Federation.
1. Amendments in Article 65 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation determining the structure of the Russian Federation shall be introduced on the basis of the federal constitutional law on the admission to the Russian Federation and the creation of new subjects of the Russian Federation within it, on changes in the constitutional-legal status of a subject of the Russian Federation.
2. In case changes are made in the name of a Republic, territory, region, city of federal importance, autonomous region or autonomous area, the new name of the subject of the Russian Federation shall be included in Article 65 of the Constitution of the Russian Federation.»
THE CONSTITUTION OF RUSSIA (DRAFT)
S. S. Sulakshin, V. E. Bagdasaryan, D. V. Bachurina, E. E. Buyanova, M. V. Vilisov, Yu. A. Zachesova, G. I. Ignatenko, I. R. Kish, I.Yu. Kolesnik, K. D. Kutlovskaya, V. N. Leksin, O. P. Maksimova, M.v. Deyeva, S. Yu. Malkov, V. A. Matyukhina, D. Kh. Mukhsin-Zoda, M. S. Netesova, N. K. Pak, Yu. A. Safonova, O. A. Seredkina, S. M. Stroganova, A. S. Sulakshina, A. V. Timchenko, A.V. Shestopalova
The Constitution of Russia (draft) / under the general editorship of S. S. Sulakshin. — Moscow, Scientific Expert, (2016) 2018.
Translated by D. V. Berketov.
Вернуться на главную